- Delivering a live speech is not the same as writing an essay. (Orality has demands writing knows not of... such as tone, pace, etc.)
- Phone conversations are not text messages. (If you actually SAY "LOL" in a conversation, then there's a problem.)
- Text messages are not tweets. (A lion's share of business communication is now done via email, and 140 characters is just enough message to guarantee misunderstanding and inefficiency.)
- And blogs are not articles for publication, but neither are they live chats.
- Technorati published a list of the top blogs. A survey of these blogs reveals that the writing is grammatically correct, thoughtful and vigorous. The tone, length and pace may vary from blog to blog, but certain conventions of "good writing" carry across all of these.
|Check Out Some Top Blogs|
coz, like OMG that would be so lame, IMHO. k?